Are you looking to add to your team in 2018?
Here are 4 reasons why you should be recruiting before Christmas:
- Did you know more candidates apply for jobs in January than any other month in the year? Have you ever wondered why? Most likely it is because they have just had some time off, and returning to ‘that same old job’ isn’t appealing – however, those starting new roles in January have more spring in their step . . . wouldn’t you!
- Not as many companies are recruiting in December, (as most people also resign in the new year), there are technically less vacancies, therefore there is less competition for talent.
- If you appoint staff in December, your new employee with be out of the market! Come holiday time, they will be relaxed drinking Pina Coladas by the pool (maybe); not actively searching the job boards looking for a new job – they will be refreshed and energized looking forward to getting started with you.
- If you advertise your role in January, it is likely that your new starter may not actually start until Easter!!!
Do the math (I will be very conservative).
You decide to recruit – here are your steps:
- Get the role approved – 1-7 business days
- Advertise the role (or engage a recruiter) – should be pretty quick (depending on who you are working with
- Wait to receive applicants or a short list – 5-10 business days
- Phone screen the candidates / Recruiter talks to you about candidates – 2-4 business days
- Face to face interviews (keeping in mind candidate availability, and your availability) – up to 15 business days
- You like the candidate – get final approval for the role – 2-5 business days
- Reference checks – 2-5 business days
- Letter of offer sent, and returned (sometimes negotiations required) – 2-5 business days
- Candidate gives notice in current role – 4 weeks
80 business days!!!
Wouldn’t it be much better to engage a recruiter now, it still may take some time, but it means your new employee will start energized and refreshed in the New Year (February at the latest), not April!
Want to discuss opportunities with us?
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0439 277 961